Knox County Stormwater partners with The Water Quality Forum to provide the public a unique opportunity to learn about and help improve water quality in local creeks, called “Families in the Creek”. Similar to the Kids in the Creek program, participants will learn how to determine if a creek is healthy by conducting a range of fascinating aquatic and streamside assessments led by trained water resource professionals. Among the many activities, adults and youth alike will suit up in waders to identify the diversity of fish present. Community members will be invited to register, with a limit of 25 participants to ensure a quality experience for all.
Registration Info & Details:
- Saturday, June 10th, 8am – 12noon
- All Participants must PRE-REGISTER!! To Register: Contact Kellie at the UT-TN Water Resources Center:
- (865) 974-2151
- Registration deadline: Friday, May 26th, 2017. Limited to the first 25 people.
- Location: Ten Mile Creek off of North Gallaher View Road
- Age Limits: Must be 9 & up. Children MUST be accompanied by an adult
- Wear clothes & shoes that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- If you have dietary restrictions, please bring a bag lunch.