Merit System Council
The Merit System Council consist of community volunteers, appointed by the Knox County Board of Commissioners. The purpose of the Merit Council is "To set forth and enforce a structured set of rules and guidelines to favorably influence the professionalism of law enforcement in Knox County through fair hiring, promotion and management practices: and to protect law enforcement personnel from coercion or loss of employment because of political activities of the administration." The Merit Council employs a staff to assist them in these duties.
or mail/submit to 912 S Gay Street, Knoxville, TN 37902.
Immediate Openings for Support Services Tech I:
The Support Services Technician-I has the primary responsibility of fielding departmental incoming telephone calls and generating non-emergency incident reports.
Starting Salary $25,901.84/annuallyClick here for the Support Services Tech I Job Description
Please make sure you have all Documents that you need:
- A copy of your Birth Certificate
- Original high school diploma, or Original GED, or High School Equivalency Test in lieu of Diploma (a copy will be made and original will be returned)
- Recent full faced photograph
- A copy of your driver’s license
- DD-214 if you have served in the military (if applicable)
- A copy of your nursing license (if applicable)
- A copy of POST Certificate (if POST Certified)
- A copy of Basic Police Academy Certificate (if POST Certified)
- A copy of hourly breakdown of academy curriculum (if POST Certified outside the State of Tennessee)