Knox County has seen a growing demand for the use of parks and greenways by a variety of commercial and non-profit entities, including health/fitness providers, dog trainers, yoga instructors, and other outdoor professional service providers. In order to effectively manage the commercial and non-profit use of parks, greenways and corridors, the Knox County Parks and Recreation Department has established a "Programs in the Parks" policy and procedure. This policy applies to events, sessions, etc. that involve any exchange of money.
GOAL OF PROGRAMS IN THE PARKS
- To encourage recreation and leisure opportunities in Knox County Parks, Greenways and Corridor Spaces.
- To increase communication of the Programs in the Parks opportunities with Knox County Citizens.
- To promote successful partnerships between the department and local program providers.
- To continue to increase and encourage outdoor recreation participation and improve overall health and wellness for ALL ages!
- To implement a process that ensures the safety of patrons through educating providers on importance of certifications, liability insurance and program participation waivers.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Are you interested in facilitating a program in a local county park? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or read and complete the following documents:
- Community Building Proposal Form
- Programs in the Park - Access Permit
- Programs in the Park - Signature of Understanding
- Programs in the Parks - Policy
- Programs in the Parks - Proposal Form
- Programs in the Parks - Rules
- Quick Reference Guide of Programs in the Parks Procedure
If you are interested in facilitating a program at one of our Knox County parks, trails, or greenways, please email the Recreation Coordinator at Parks@knoxcounty.org.