David S. Wigler – Biography
Mr. Wigler joined the Law Director’s Office in 2014, where he currently practices primarily in the fields of civil rights, personal injury, and medical malpractice litigation at the trial and appellate levels.
Mr. Wigler was born in Oakland, California but has lived primarily in Knoxville, Tennessee since the age of ten. He graduated from the then-new Bearden High School in 1973. In his first career, Mr. Wigler served as principal trumpet in La Orquesta Sinfonica del Estado de Mexico in Toluca, Mexico in 1978, and after returning to Knoxville, the Knoxville Symphony Orchestra. In the early 1980s Mr. Wigler became a real estate and securities broker specializing in developing tax sheltered limited partnership investments. After the Tax Reform Act of 1986 altered that landscape, Mr. Wigler enrolled in the University of Tennessee College of Law at the age of 31.
Mr. Wigler graduated Order of the Coif from the University of Tennessee College of Law in 1990. He was privileged to serve as Law Clerk for Justice E. Riley Anderson on the Tennessee Supreme Court from 1990 to 1991, and was engaged in private sector trial and appellate litigation in Knoxville, Tennessee for approximately 23 years before joining the Law Director’s Office.
- Tennessee, October 19, 1990
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee, May 1, 1992
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, March 17, 1994
- United States Supreme Court, June 19, 1995
- Juilliard School of Music, 1976-77
- University of Tennessee College of Liberal Arts, Bachelor of Music, 1979
- University of Tennessee College of Law, J.D. 1990
- American Inns of Court, Knoxville Chapter, 1995-1998
- Knoxville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Tennessee County Attorneys Association