- NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP: The Knox County Law Director’s Office has only one client—the Government of Knox County, Tennessee. The Knox County Charter prohibits the Law Director from engaging in the private practice of law while holding the office of Law Director for Knox County except for the purpose of disposing of matters or cases for which he was employed as of the date of his election. If you need private legal advice, you may contact Knoxville Bar Association Lawyer referral Service or East Tennessee Legal Aid.
- By providing information on this site, the Law Director does not intend to create an attorney-client relationship with any user. Please note that any information conveyed to the Knox County Law Director over the Internet may be a public record.
- LINKING TO THE SITE. Users may link to our website; provided, however, that such links shall be non-defamatory and otherwise legal. Users may not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of Law Director association, approval or endorsement where none exists.
- INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE: BY USING THIS SITE, THE USER ACCEPTS THE INFORMATION PROVIDED “AS IS.” THE LAW DIRECTOR EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL GUARANTEES, CONDITIONS, AND WARRANTIES AS TO THE ACCURACY OR TIMELINESS OF THE INFORMAITON PROVIDED. THE LAW DIRECTOR ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR ANY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE INCURRED IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SITE OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE. THE LAW DIRECTOR EXPRESSLY RELIES UPON THE IMMUNITY PROVIDED BY THE COMMON LAW AND Tenn. Code. Ann. §29-20-101 et seq.
- GOVERNING LAW: The law of the state of Tennessee shall govern use of this site without regard to its conflicts of laws principles.
- If you have any concerns about the material appearing on this site, please contact us.
Thank you for visiting the Knox County Law Director’s website.