Knox County Tennessee


Our mission is to develop, empower, and support the dedicated teammates of Knox County by utilizing resources responsibly, fostering a culture of exceptional service and promoting physical, mental, and financial well-being.


A: All of our open jobs are posted online. You will need to create an account to apply to a posting.

A: The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly known as food stamps) is handled by the State. You will need to contact them through their website. Here is the link:

A: Child Support is administered by the State. You will need to contact the local child support office if you have questions. Here is the link to find one near you:

Get Connected
  • twitter
  • rss
  • email

Human Resources

City County Building
400 Main Street
Suite 360
Knoxville, TN 37902

Phone: 865-215-2321
Fax: 865-215-3242
Benefits Fax: 865-215-2474
Job Openings
Useful Contact Numbers
Knox County HR: 865-215-2321
KCSO HR: 865-971-3914
Knox County Schools:
PBA HR: 865-215-2306
Benefits: 865-215-3800
Retirement: 865-215-2323

Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Department Email
County Holidays   
State Labor Laws