The average employee spends more time at work than they do at home. Because of this fact, it is vital for employers to encourage and promote wellness at their place of business. Complete wellness entails physical, emotional, intellectual, spiritual, occupational and social aspects (for more information read here ). Employers can easily implement many of these aspects with little or no cost to themselves. The Knox County Health Department can provide educational materials, support and guidance to assist employers in making "well" choices for and with their employees. This website provides many resources to help you get started, but we also would love to speak with you personally. Feel free to contact us with questions or needs at 865-215-5170.
Use these resources to start or continue to support a worksite wellness program at your place of business!
- Worksite Wellness Toolkit
- Worksite Wellness Toolkit Small Business
- East Tennessee Wellness Roundtable
- StairWell Campaign
The StairWELL campaign was created to encourage employees to get a little more physical during their work day by taking the stairs whenever possible. We welcome you to print and post these signs around your business to gently remind your workers of the benefits of skipping the elevator.
- Poster: When you use the restroom (women’s shoes)
- Poster: Seven minutes of stair climbing
- Poster: Stair climbing helps relieve negative feelings
- Poster: You burn 10 calories taking the stairs
- Poster: Fight fat, feel fit.
- Poster: An average person loses
- Poster: When you use the restroom (men’s shoes)
For more information about Worksite Wellness, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 865-215-5170.