It is now past the deadline to apply for 2018 Tax Relief and Tax Freeze. New income limits will be determined by the State of Tennessee this summer. Your October Property Tax Statement will include an updated information card. You can re-visit this website in October to download 2019 applications OR you may go to any of the Trustee locations to apply beginning in October. Meanwhile, last year’s details are listed below for informational purposes.
Tax Relief for Elderly & Disabled Homeowners
- Will you be 65 or older on or before December 31, 2018 or have you been rated totally and permanently disabled by Social Security Administration or other qualified agency on or before December 31, 2018?
- Is your combined 2017 annual income for you, your spouse and all other owners of the property less than $29,270?
If you answered yes to both questions then you may qualify for Tax Relief.
Tax Relief for Disabled Veteran & Widow(er) of a Disabled Veteran
Do you or did your spouse have an honorable discharge and a disability as a Veteran in one of the following categories:
- A service-connected disability that resulted in:
- Paraplegia; OR
- Permanent paralysis of both legs and lower part of the body resulting from traumatic injury or disease to the spinal cord or brain; OR
- Loss, or loss of use of, two (2) or more limbs; OR
- Legal blindness
- A total and permanent disability rating from a service connected disability.
- A 100% total and permanent disability rating from being a prisoner of war.
If you answered yes to any category then you may qualify for Tax Relief.
Tax Freeze for Elderly Homeowners
- Will you be 65 or older on or before December 31, 2018?
- Is your combined 2017 annual income for you, your spouse and all other owners of the property less than $39,330?
If you answered yes to both questions then you may qualify for Tax Freeze.
Please contact the Trustee's office at 865-215-8554 or visit one of our convenient satellite locations with any questions or concerns.
Open Enrollment for 2019 is October 1, 2019 thru Monday, April 6, 2020.