So, yeah, you can’t trust everything on the internet. Now what? There are some great resources out there, including the following.
General health information:
Local, free resources (These organizations can help you find quality information resources, help you get started on your research and more.):
State and national resources:
- American Academy of Pediatrics – For Parents
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- National Institutes of Health
- National Institutes of Health: Evaluating Online Health Information
- National Institute on Aging: Health Information
- Tennessee Department of Health – For Parents – For Individuals
- Mayo Clinic
- FDA Health Fraud Alerts
- Retraction Watch
- Health News Review (It should be noted that this website is no longer being updated. However, useful information is still archived and available.)
- Snopes (This website may help you identify common urban myths/misinformation you come across on social media. However, with health information especially, we recommend using it in conjunction with the more medically authoritative websites listed above and not as a sole source.)
More helpful resources can be found here.
Have a question for the Knox County Health Department? Click here.