Department Head: Chris Granju
The mission of stormwater management is to improve and/or maintain the health of Knox County water resources by mitigating the effects of urban development.
In carrying out our mission we:
- promote Low Impact Development to protect the natural hydrologic cycle of East Tennessee
- manage stormwater infrastructure to minimize losses due to flooding
- provide a regulatory frame work to ensure land development has minimal impact on county resources (environment, infrastructure, etc.)
- provide information and assistance to help people better understand and work within the framework of the Knox County Stormwater Ordinance
- engage the community through public participation and education initiatives
- maintain compliance with all applicable federal and state regulations related to water resources.
UPDATE! Knox County's Qualifying Local Program
Knox County has been approved by the State of Tennessee as a Qualifying Local Program (QLP). Beginning April 1, 2013, developers of any and all proposed construction activity located within the jurisdictional boundaries of Knox County will no longer submit to TDEC for coverage under the Tennessee Construction General Permit...more
News & Events
Notice of Knox County Application for FEMA-PDM Grant:
Knox County has applied for a Pre-Disaster Mitigation Grant (PDM) to assist in the remediation of the property at 308 Bridgewater Road., Knoxville, TN 37923. For information please contact Eddy Roberts at 865-215-5234 or email@example.com.
- Spring and Summer 2014 Rain Barrel Workshops
- Daily Streamflow and Rainfall Conditions for Knox County
- TN Construction General Permit Fact Sheet
- Knox County, City of Knoxville, Town of Farragut Hazard Mitigation Plan
- Knox County Stormwater Advisory Board Recommendations
- BZA Meeting
- MPC Meeting