Stormwater management has entered a new phase in the state of Tennessee. The requirements for NPDES municipal stormwater permits, TMDLs, watershed assessments and the desire to protect human life, property, aquatic habitats and the quality of life in our communities has brought home the pressing need to manage both stormwater quantity and quality from our developed and developing areas.
The goal of the Stormwater Management Manuals and Stormwater Ordinance documents is to develop and promote a consistent and effective approach and implementation of stormwater management in Knox County.
- Knox County, TN Stormwater Management: Ordinance:
- This is a link to Municode.com. This is the most up to date version of the ordinance. You can also view a PDF of the original 2008 ordinance.
- Knox County, TN Stormwater Management Manual Volume 1
- Administration and Procedures
- Knox County, TN Stormwater Management Manual Volume 2
- Technical Guidance
- Knox County, TN Stormwater Management Manual Volume 3 (Coming Soon)
- Runoff Reduction