Rules and Regulations
The following rules and regulations apply to all Knox County Parks. Please contact the park administration office at 215-6600 if you have any questions.
The following activities are prohibited in all Knox County Parks. Violations may result in suspension from park use.
- Profanity, abusive language or behavior.
- Loud or amplified music unless authorized in writing by the parks department for a public event.
- Operation of motorized vehicles off designated roads or parking areas.
- Feeding of any wildlife.
- Swimming anywhere other than designated areas.
- Consumption of alcohol unless in a licensed area.
- Solicitation, advertising or signage of any kind unless approved by the parks department.
- Leaving vehicles or boats in parking lots with "For Sale" signs posted.
- Camping, erection of tents or canopies larger than 10 x 10, inflatables, dunking machines, carousels or other event equipment rentals without a public special event use permit issued by the parks department.
- Open fires or any fires outside picnic grills.
- Use of sports fields without written approval by the parks department or the operating association.
- Livestock, domestic or exotic animals without a public special event use permit issued by the parks department.
- Discharge or possession of firearms, fireworks, explosives or paintball guns unless with valid permit or parks department approval.
- Dogs are not permitted in sports field or spectator seating areas. Dogs are permitted on-leash in other parks or off-leash in fenced Dog Parks. Unless otherwise indicated by signage.
- Use of reservable picnic shelters without a permit.
- Playing of golf anywhere except a golf course.
- Operation of vending or concessions without an event permit or lease. Roving concessions on park roads and parking areas such as ice cream trucks are not permitted at any time.
Park hours are sunrise to sunset unless otherwise posted or for permitted events.