Veterans Service Officer: Robert Buswell
Deputy Veterans Service Officer: Tom Humphries
The mission of the Veteran’s Service Office is to assist Veterans and their dependents in filing applications for:
- Service Connected Disability Compensation
- Improved Pension Program with Housebound/Aid and Attendance
- Health Benefits Enrollment
- Burial Benefits, Flags, Headstones, Markers and Military Honors
- Order Replacement Copies of Discharge Papers, Military Records and Service Medical Records
- GI Bill, Vocational Rehabilitation and Dependents Educational Assistance
- VA Insurance Programs
- File Notice of Disagreements and Appeals for Denied Claims
We provide information to Veterans and families on all federal and state benefits earned by Veterans in their service to their country.
Knox County Veterans Service Office Upcoming Events:
The Knox County Veterans Service Office will be closed March 21 for Quarterly Training.
VA Benefits Assistance
THE KNOX COUNTY VETERANS SERVICE OFFICE WILL BE AT THE SENIOR CENTERS TO PROVIDE ONE-ON-ONE ASSISTANCE TO VETERANS AND FAMILY MEMBERS. WE WILL EXPLAIN VA BENEFITS, ANSWER QUESTIONS, AND ASSIST VETERANS AND FAMILY MEMBERS WITH FILING FOR THEIR VA BENEFITS
- Carter Senior Center-March 5, 2014 at 1130-The Knox County Veterans Service Office will give a brief on the VA’s “Improved Pension Benefit with Housebound and Aid and Attendance” for eligible Veterans and surviving spouses.
- O’Conner Senior Center-March 10, 2014 10:00 am to 11:00 am
- Larry Cox Senior Center-March 10, 2014 11:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Corryton Senior Center-March 11, 2014 10:00 am to 11:00 am
- Knoxville VA Outpatient Clinic-Mar 11, 2014 1:00 to 2:00
- Strang Senior Center-March 12, 2014 at 1200-The Knox County Veterans Service Office will give a brief on the VA’s “Improved Pension Benefit with Housebound/Aid and Attendance” for eligible Veterans and surviving spouses.
- Strang Senior Center-Mar 13, 2014 11:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Halls Senior Center-Mar 19, 2014 9:00 am to 10:00 am
- South Knox Senior Center-Mar 20, 2014 9:00 am to 10:00 am
- Carter Senior Center-Mar 26, 2014 11:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Carter- Feb 26, 2014 11:30 am to 12:30 pm
- March 31, 2014 There will have a screening of the The Medal of Honor: A History Documentary at the Regal Riviera Stadium 8 in downtown Knoxville. The event will be a fundraiser for the East Tennessee Veterans Memorial. Tickets will cost $25 for general admission and $75 for VIPs. There will be a VIP reception before the premier. There will also be a reception after the premier at the East Tennessee Historical Society that will be open to the public. Tickets are available at the East Tennessee Veterans Memorial Association website.
- April 7, 2014 7th Annual Mountain Man Memorial March in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. VOLUNTEERS ARE on April 12th! If you are interested in helping at a water station please contact Lee Dalton at email@example.com
- May 5, 2014 4th Annual Medal of Honor Evening at the Historic Foundry Building. Tickets are available at the East Tennessee Veterans Memorial Website.