Payment is expected at the time of service.
At each visit, please bring the following information:
- Insurance card(s)
- Identification (some programs require proof of citizenship)
- Payment for services, if needed
- Some services will require proof of income, if a sliding fee scale is applied
- Please see the specific program for documentation requirements of the program
Some but not all insurance plans are accepted. Click here to see the insurance plans we currently accept.
- If your insurance plan is accepted, our office will prepare and file your insurance claim forms. To process your claim, it is essential that you provide us with accurate and complete insurance information. It is for this reason that our offices request updated copies of your insurance card(s) and updated patient information at each visit.
- If we do not accept your insurance plan, you will be provided a receipt of services so you may file your insurance claim.
- Some services may not be covered by your insurance plan. In those cases, payment is expected at the time of service. A claim will be filed with your insurance company for the services provided. If they pay for the service, you will be reimbursed the amount due to you.
- As an example, travel immunizations are usually not covered by an insurance plan.
We accept cash, check or credit cards.
We expect you to provide current insurance information at each visit.
- Without the needed information, you may be asked to come back to receive services when you have the necessary information.
- Participation in some programs or to receive some services requires insurance information.
You should know whether or not your insurance covers the requested service. If you are unsure of whether your insurance covers the desired service, please contact your insurance carrier.
Some service fees are based on income and family size.
It is the intent of Knox County Health Department to provide access to and public health services for all citizens.