Who: New Harvest Park Farmers Market
What: Blueberry Festival
When: Thursday, June 18 from 3 to 6 p.m.
Where: New Harvest Park, 4775 New Harvest Lane
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (June 16, 2014) – New Harvest Park Farmers Market is hosting its fifth annual Blueberry Festival on Thursday, June 18 from 3 to 6 p.m. at New Harvest Park, 4775 New Harvest Lane.
In addition to local blueberries and blueberry plants for sale, other activities will include:
• Live music in the amphitheater – bring a blanket or lawn chair
• Special treats for kids – including a Cruze Farm ice cream eating contest
• Blueberry recipe and food demonstration at 3:30 under the pavilion with Heather Kyle-Harmon from the UT-Ag Extension Office. Heather will also test pressure canners from 3 to 5 p.m.
• Success with Blueberries in Your Garden presentation by David Vandergriff from the UT-Ag Extension Office immediately following the food demo
• Farmer Dinner featuring a menu prepared by Tootsie Truck using fresh produce from market vendors. The locally-sourced menu will be served from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Price is $8, which includes a drink.