Houston S. Havasy – Biography
Houston Havasy moved to Knoxville from Newport, Tennessee. He recalls from a young age that he and his family often traveled to Knoxville and experienced the excitement of coming to the big city. He studied philosophy at the University of Tennessee and law followed suit. Passionate about governmental law, Mr. Havasy joined the Knox County Law Director’s office in 2017. Prior to that time, Mr. Havasy engaged in private practice in local law firms as well as operating his own private practice. During that period, he enjoyed representing people from all walks of life in a variety of litigation ranging from simple legal matters to complex jury and non-jury trials in the Tennessee and Federal courts.
In his time away from work, Mr. Havasy enjoys spending time with his wife and two children at their Knoxville home. He is honored to serve Knox County and is grateful for its exceptional community.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Rights
- Governmental Liability
- Employment Law
- Administrative Boards and Hearings
- General Trial and Appellate Litigation
- Tennessee, 2013
- United States District Court, 2014
- University of Tennessee – Knoxville, B.A.
- University of Tennessee – College of Law, J.D.
- Knoxville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Tennessee County Attorneys Association