Houston S. Havasy – Biography
Houston moved from Newport, Tennessee to Knoxville to attend the University of Tennessee where he studied philosophy prior to attending law school. Houston joined the Law Director’s office in 2017, after engaging in private practice in local law firms as well as operating his own private practice. During that period, he enjoyed representing people from all walks of life in a variety of litigation ranging from simple legal matters to complex jury and non-jury trials in the Tennessee and Federal courts.
In his time away from work, Houston enjoys spending time with his wife and two children at their Knox County home. He is honored to serve Knox County and is grateful for its exceptional community.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Rights
- Governmental Liability
- Employment Law
- Administrative Boards and Hearings
- General Trial and Appellate Litigation
- United States District Court
- United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- University of Tennessee – Knoxville, B.A.
- University of Tennessee – College of Law, J.D.
- Knoxville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Tennessee County Attorneys Association