Knox County Election Commission – 2020 Election Schedule
- Information contained herein is subject to change. Please consult the Election Commission website for the latest information.
- Both independent and partisan candidates have the same qualifying deadlines as listed for each office.
- Offices and referendum questions are subject to be added to the ballot of any election.
- State Law requires municipal elections and school board elections to be non-partisan.
- Vacancy elections are to fill the remainder of an unexpired term.
August 6, 2020 – Federal/State Primary, County General, and Town of Farragut Municipal Election
The Federal/State Primary, County General, and Town of Farragut Municipal Election is held on the first Thursday in August of every even-numbered year.
Offices on the ballot:
- US Senate
- US House of Representatives, District 2
- Tennessee Senate, District 6
- Tennessee House of Representatives, Districts 13, 14, 15, 16, 18, 19, 89
- Criminal Court Judge, Division II (to complete an unexpired term)
- Public Defender (to complete an unexpired term)
- Democratic State Executive Committeewoman, District 5 (to complete an unexpired term)
- County Commission, Districts 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9
- Assessor of Property
- County Law Director
- School Board, Districts 2, 3, 5, 8 (non-partisan)
- Town of Farragut - Alderman, Ward 1 (non-partisan)
- Town of Farragut - Alderman, Ward 2 (non-partisan)
- Monday, February 3, 2020 – First day to pick up a nominating petition for state
races and Town of Farragut races from the KCEC office
- Thursday, April 2, 2020 at NOON - Candidate Qualifying Deadline
- Thursday, April 9, 2020 at NOON - Candidate Withdrawal Deadline
- Friday, May 8, 2020 - First day to request an absentee ballot
- Tuesday, July 7, 2020 - Final day to register to vote before election
- Friday, July 17, 2020 - First day of Early Voting period (Registered voters can vote at ANY Early Voting location)
- Thursday, July 30, 2020 - Final day to request an absentee ballot
- Saturday, August 1, 2020 - Final day of Early Voting period
- Thursday, August 6, 2020 - Election Day (Registered voters MUST VOTE AT THEIR ASSIGNED PRECINCT)