2019 Year in Review ReportPosted: 04/14/2020Click here to view the 2019 Year in Review Report
Fellow Knox County Citizens,
It is my honor to serve as your District Attorney General. Since being sworn into office, I have dedicated my administration to being "tough on crime, smart on prevention." This report provides a snapshot of the office's accomplishments and initiatives in 2019. Every day, I am impressed by the passionate and professional public servants who seek justice on your behalf. The Knox County District Attorney General's Office sets out:
- To fairly, vigorously, and proficiently prosecute all criminal cases arising in Knox County.
- To provide legal support to law enforcement agencies investigating crimes in or relating to Knox County.
- To provide victims of crime with information, support, and access to the justice system in a timely and respectful manner.
- To keep the public advised as to the activities of the criminal justice system and to support the Constitution of the United States of America and the Constitution of the State of Tennessee.
- To ensure all members of this Office seek truth and justice in a professional manner, while maintaining the highest ethical standards.
I hope you find evidence in this report that we have reached these goals. I also hope that you are proud of the work we accomplished to maintain and promote public safety. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to prosecute criminals, protect citizens, and prevent crime in Knox County as your District Attorney General.
Charme P. Allen
District Attorney General
6th Judicial District