Paying Costs for a Citation
- Pay in person at the Court Clerk’s Office
- Pay over the phone by credit or debit card by calling 865.215.2376.
- Pay by mail by sending a signed copy of your citation along with a local check, cashier’s check or money order to:
General Sessions Court Criminal Division
P.O. Box 1350
Knoxville, TN 37901-1350
- Please write your citation number on your check or money order and keep a copy of your citation for your records.
- If your *fine is more than $50, then you must submit a written waiver of your rights to the Clerk’s Office along with your payment. The written waiver can be downloaded here, or can be obtained from the General Sessions Court Clerk’s Office. Or, you must sign your copy of your citation and return it to the General Sessions Court Clerk’s Office with your payment. Please keep a copy of your citation or waiver for your records.
*Please Note: the fine is a portion of the total due. The total due also includes court costs.
- Please keep all of your receipts of any payments to the Clerk’s Office.
Citation Color Codes:
- Yellow – Knox County Sheriff’s Office (KCSO)
- Pink – Tennessee Highway Patrol (THP)
- Green – Knoxville Police Department (KPD)
- Blue – Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency (TWRA)
Law Enforcement Agencies That Issue Citations
Tennessee Highway Patrol
7601 Kingston Pike
Knoxville, TN 37919
865-966-5071 Commercial Vehicle Enforcement
Knox County Sheriff’s Office
400 Main Avenue
Knoxville, TN 37902
865-215-3497 Criminal Processing Unit/Misdemeanor Citation Booking
865-281-6700 Detention Center
865-215-2444 Animal Control
Knoxville Police Department
800 Howard Baker, Jr. Avenue
Knoxville, TN 37915
865-215-7000 General Information
Dial 311 City Court or Municipal Court
Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency
Ellington Agricultural Center
440 Hogan Road
Nashville, TN 37220
The General Sessions Judges options to avoid appearing in court on your traffic or other citation
- Find more information here