July items NOT on consent

Welcome!

July items NOT on consent

Postby Hugh Nystrom on Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:44 am

Good Morning Commissioners,

I am looking forward to seeing all of you tonight. As was the case last month I will be modifying our traditional sitting arrangements to facilitate social distancing. This will also apply toward all of the other County team members who share the stage area of the Large Assembly Room.

General notes about tonight’s agenda.

There is a long list of items from the school board for us to approve. I have pulled a couple of items that are of high interest for us to review and to be informed on.

Mike Donila has been sending out updates from the Board of Health. On Friday he shared a resolution that was passed unanimously. Please advise on the forum if you would like any additional information regarding Covid-19.

There are multiple items from Community Development on the agenda. On Wednesday the 15th Drucilla forwarded a memo from Dwight regarding the items that his department has before us this month. All of the items from Community Development are contracts funded through HUD Community Development Block grants. Each of these items were included in the 2020 Annual Action Plan that was approved by County Commission in April. I do not plan to pull any of these items from consent.

Agenda Notes and items that will NOT be on consent:

Item 6 - Honorary resolution from Commissioner Jay for Dr. Peter Tsai. Thank you Commissioner Jay for bringing this.
Here are a couple of articles about Dr. Tsai:

https://tickle.utk.edu/the-man-behind-the-mask/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyl ... ask-covid/

Item 8 – Appointment to library board. Still need names from District 2 and District 5.

Schools:

Item 25 – Contract for construction of Lonsdale Elementary School. This is a $ 19,000,000 item. Update on construction timeline. Is 19 million a firm cost?

Item 27 – Legacy Parks access to Beaver Creek at Powell High School. Please provide a general update on this project.

Engineering and Public Works:

Item 35 – Construction contract for $ 45,794,660 for construction of Ball Camp Pike Relocation Phases 2 and 3. Jim please provide an update on the timeline of the project. How many fiscal years will the contract be paid over?

Item 37 – Utility relocation agreement with West Knox Utility. As of 7/19 the contract had not been uploaded to the agenda quick for review.

Health Department

Item 46 - Grant Contract with Tennessee Department of Health. Please confirm that this is pass-through funding from the federal government to help pay for expenses related to local response. Is this the first or do you anticipate any additional support from the TN Department of Health.

Finance

Item 55 – This is a Revenue Anticipation Note. This is the item related to the request from Clerk Susano.

County Mayor & Commissioner Nystrom

Item 58 – Appropriation from general fund to Knoxville Educational Foundation to provide internet access to students who do not have wired internet service.

County Clerk –

Item 59 - Ordinance on 1st reading related to “Hotel Occupancy Tax” and rentals in residential settings.

Merit System Council

Item 60 – Ordinance related to filling of vacancies for Knox County Sheriffs Department. This ordinance is related to the process that the Sheriff’s Department uses for hiring new employees. This proposed change will require intentional review and study prior to passage.
Road Closures – items 61 and 62.

Commissioner Beeler - Discussion Item related to illegal littering and dumping on private property.

Please let me know if you would like to have any additional items pulled from consent.

Chair Nystrom
Last edited by Hugh Nystrom on Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hugh Nystrom

Re: July items NOT on consent

Postby Larsen Jay on Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:06 pm

Chairman,

I would like to pull #56 and hear more about the new software in the Trustee's Office and what improvements it will bring.

Commissioner Jay
Larsen Jay

Re: July items NOT on consent

Postby Hugh Nystrom on Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:49 pm

Commissioners,

In advance I wanted to give you notification regarding item 71 on this months agenda. This is a zoning matter.
It was the item that the Law Department advised that we revisit at last month's meeting. It is the last item on the agenda.

I am going to move it to the top of the zoning agenda so we can take care of resolving it at the start of the zoning part of the meeting.

Chair Nystrom
Hugh Nystrom

Return to Knox County Commission Forum