Legislative Priorities

Welcome!

Legislative Priorities

Postby Hugh Nystrom on Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:47 pm

Good Evening Commissioners,

On Friday January 17th we will be having our annual legislative luncheon with the Knox County delegation. Please plan on it it being at the Crown Plaza at 11:30. I am just waiting for the contract from the hotel to confirm the specifics. As soon as I have that confirmed Dru will send out the formal notice.

As discussed at the December meeting, please post in response to this topic, your top three issues that you would like to communicate to our delegation that would be helpful for Knox County. Please provide your suggestions by this Friday afternoon. This will help me to consolidate the suggestions for us to finalize on the forum early next week.

The Legislative Committee is meeting tomorrow. I am sure there will be items that will be discussed in the committee meeting that should be posted for consideration.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

~ Hugh
Hugh Nystrom

Re: Legislative Priorities

Postby John Schoonmaker on Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:10 pm

Chairman Nystrom,

Any Commissioner is welcome to attend the Legislative Affairs Committee meeting today at 4:00pm in Room 640.
We will be discussing legislative items that became law on July 1, 2019, bills that are still in play and proposed new legislation that concern county government.

I will also review what Representative Wright is working on regarding videoing a crime and not reporting it to authorities and raising this offense from a misdemeanor.

Hope to see you there.

John Schoonmaker
Chairman, Legislative Affairs Committee
John Schoonmaker

Return to Knox County Commission Forum