December work session - items NOT on consent

Welcome!

December work session - items NOT on consent

Postby Hugh Nystrom on Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:46 pm

Good Morning Commissioners,

The following items will NOT be on the December consent agenda.

To Be Added to Agenda: Discussion item regarding the luncheon with the Knox County delegation in January. What will be the primary items that we will ask them to focus on for Knox County in 2020. Please plan on discussing this at both the work session and the BOC meeting. Additional follow up on this can take place on the forum if necessary prior to the January meeting.

Item 6 – John and Michelle – I plan to keep this on consent. Please advise at the work session if you do not wish to be reappointed and we can pull this item.

Item 8 – Approval of appointments to the Charter Review Committee.

Item 36 – Finance - re Issuance of General Obligation Bonds

Item 40 – Commissioner Bussler – re Purchasing Knox Center Mall

Item 41 – Mayor – re Contract with TVA regarding TVA East Tower

Item 42 – Mayor – re Purchase and Sale agreement of Andrew Johnson Building to BNA Associates.

Items 43, 44, 45 Ordinances on 1st or 2nd reading.

46 – Roads
47 – Line item transfers

Item 48 – Commissioner Bussler – Discussion item regarding electronic roll call voting.

Item 49 – Commissioners Biggs and Carringer – Discussion item regarding Knox County Sheriff’s Department’s efforts to find mission person Jack Harrison.

Commissioner Nystrom – Discussion item re January luncheon with Knox County delegation.

Please advise if you would like any additional items pulled from consent. I look forward to seeing everyone Monday. As is usual, I may move some discussion items to the BOC meeting to manage meeting time.

Chairman Nystrom
Hugh Nystrom

Re: December work session - items NOT on consent

Postby Larsen Jay on Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:32 am

I would like the following items pulled:

R-19-12-202
Consideration of a Resolution of the Commission of Knox County, Tennessee, approving an ACT State Testing Program Description of Services for Spring 2020 administration of the ACT at a cost of $37.00 per student.

- How many students? What is the total estimated fiscal note?

R-19-12-901
Consideration of a Resolution of the Commission of Knox County, Tennessee, authorizing the Knox County Procurement Director to negotiate the sale of used E-911 radio equipment to another public agency to serve as its Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) in accordance with the Section 2-712 of the Knox County Code and Knox County Procurement Regulations regarding the disposal of surplus property.
(Commissioner Anders and Procurement)

- I'd like a law department "conflict of interest" opinion on if Commissioner Anders is able to propose and vote on this resolution given he is both a Commissioner and the Director of E-911.

Thank you,

Commissioner Jay
Larsen Jay

Return to Knox County Commission Forum