Regional Forensic Center

Welcome!

Regional Forensic Center

Postby Hugh Nystrom on Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:34 pm

Commissioners,
Below is a note from John Lott. John is the Senior Director of the Regional Forensic Center. John is offering a opportunity for our team to tour and learn about the RFC. I think it will be a fascinating learning opportunity. Please reply to this post with the dates that would work for you. I will do my best to find a date that will work for the majority.

Hugh Nystrom
Chair, Knox County Commission

I would like to extend an invitation for the Commission to come for a tour and presentation at the Regional Forensic Center (RFC).

We would like to do a presentation highlighting the Regional Forensic Center operations, give an overview of the 2017 Drug Death Report, give you a tour of the facility, and answer any questions you might have about the RFC. I believe it would be an excellent opportunity for new, as well as experienced, Commissioners to learn about an organization that serves Knox County as well as ~25 other counties in East Tennessee.

Normally, if we provide tours, we don’t start until after 2 pm because of the work flow. However, if you all would prefer to come here in the evening, we can do that too. Please let me know of some times that would work for you all.

In looking ahead at Dr. Mileusnic’s and my future commitments, we would not be available on the following days/times:

November 5 (not available in the afternoon or evening)
November 7 (not available in the afternoon but would be available in the evening)
November 8 (not available in the afternoon but would be available in the evening)
November 9 (not available in the afternoon or evening)
November 12 (not available in the afternoon or evening)
November 15 (available in the afternoon but not available in the evening)
November 20, 21, 22, 23 (not available in the afternoon or evening)

I know it seems like we are not available for a lot of dates but we have events planned with NamUs (National Missing and Unidentified Persons System), Full Scale Exercise events with Emergency Management, DEA, 3 holidays, court, meetings with law enforcement, and other meetings already scheduled. Hopefully there are enough days in late October or November that would afford the Commission an opportunity to visit the RFC.

If you have any questions, please give me a call. (cell – 865.755.1579)

Respectfully,

John
John M. Lott, RN, MS
Senior Director
Knox County Regional Forensic Center

2761 Sullins Street
Knoxville, TN 37919
Office – 865.215-8028
Fax – 865.215-8020

The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short;
but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution of this message, including any attachments, is strictly prohibited. This message, including any attachments, may contain information protected by the Tennessee Code Annotated or Federal Regulations. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original message.

P Please consider the impact to the environment and your responsibility before printing this email. No animals were harmed while making this e-mail, but some electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

cid:image003.jpg@01D1DE7F.3842A680
Hugh Nystrom

Re: Regional Forensic Center

Postby Larsen Jay on Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:19 am

I would be interested in participating. Since there's so many date options, I would suggest you narrow in on two dates/times and throw those out to check other schedule.

Thanks for setting this up.

- Commissioner Jay
Larsen Jay

Postby John Schoonmaker on Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:19 pm

Chairman,

I agree with Commissioner Jay. We may want to pick a few afternoon / evening dates for a meeting date. What does Mr. Lott consider as an afternoon or evening time?
John Schoonmaker

Postby Michele Carringer on Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:36 am

Chairman,

Can we check on some dates for after the first of the year? It was clearly stated at the last meeting that we did not want to go in the mornings. The afternoon and evenings they we have to choose from are already booked for me in November. If we could find a date the first week of December. If not, I suggest looking at some dates after the first of the year.

Thank you,

Michele Carringer
Michele Carringer

Postby Evelyn Gill on Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:05 pm

Mr. Chairman,

I would like to look at some dates in January or February.

Commissioner Evelyn Gill
Evelyn Gill

Postby Hugh Nystrom on Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:42 pm

Commissioners,

I have asked him to look at a few dates in January. Additionally, I will make sure he provides a specific time for us to consider.
I will post the options as soon as I receive them.

Chairman Nystrom
Hugh Nystrom

Return to Knox County Commission Forum