Below are the application links for each position to be filled on the County Commission’s Committee on Health and Economic Well-being. The resolution creating the committee can be found here.
The 11-member committee—which Commission created to advise on any topic regarding the physical, mental or economic health of Knox County residents—will be composed of two economists, one epidemiologist, one virologist, two Knox County medical professionals, two psychologists or social workers, two Knox County business leaders, and one County Commissioner. Everyone except the Commissioner spot will be appointed by Knox County Mayor Glenn Jacobs and approved by the commission.
- The application for economists can be found here.
- The application for epidemiologists can be found here.
- The application for virologists can be found here.
- The application for medical professionals can be found here.
- The application specifically for psychologists and/or social workers can be found here.
- The application for business leaders can be found here.
No applications will be accepted via email or by any method outside proper use of the linked forms. No late applications will be accepted.
Applications will go live at noon Monday, December 7 and close two weeks later at 11:59 a.m. on Monday, Dec. 21.
As a sub-committee of Knox County Commission, the committee will operate pursuant to Commission’s rules and procedures, meaning it will, among other things:
- Be called to meet when the opinion of the Mayor or Chair of Commission deems the public necessities require it;
- Follow Roberts Rules of Order to organize discussion and utilize a written and published agenda;
- Meet in the City/County Building unless otherwise advised;
- Require public notice of meetings pursuant to Tennessee law; and
- Be required to hear public forum.
Each approved appointee will serve a four-year term except for the County Commissioner who will serve a term that coincides with their term of office.