KNOXVILLE (June 7, 2011) -- On June 14 at 3 p.m., Knox County Commission is scheduled to vote on the budget County Mayor Tim Burchett proposed for the upcoming fiscal year.
Here are some of the ways this budget proposal affects you:
- We will fully fund our schools, so your children continue to get a quality education, so they can compete in tomorrow’s marketplace.
- We will continue to put deputies on the street to keep us safe.
- We will encourage economic development by improving roads and investing in infrastructure.
- We will cut our debt by more than $20 million annually for the next five years.
- We will protect the general fund emergency reserve.
- We will NOT raise taxes.
If Knox County is going to seize every opportunity tomorrow, we must become lean and streamlined today.
With Commission’s support, we will be ready to act as the economy improves and our vision for this great community will become a reality.
If you have any questions about my budget proposal, please call Mayor Burchett’s office at 215-2005.